Spiral welded steel pipe refers to a steel pipe or steel plate that is bent and deformed into a circular, square, and other shapes, and then welded with a seam on the surface.
Welded steel pipes are used in oil drilling and machinery manufacturing. Furnace welded pipe can be used as water gas pipe, etc. Large diameter straight seam welded pipe is used for high pressure oil and gas transportation, etc. Spiral welded pipe is used for oil and gas transportation, pipe piles, bridge pier, etc. Welded steel pipe has lower cost and higher production efficiency than seamless steel pipe.
The production process of straight seam welded pipe is simple, the production efficiency is high, the cost is low, and the development is fast. The strength of spiral welded pipes is generally higher than that of straight seam welded pipes. Welded pipes with larger diameters can be produced from narrower billets. Welded pipes with different diameters can also be produced with billets of the same width. However, compared with the straight seam pipe of the same length, the weld seam length is increased by 30 to 100%, and the production speed is lower. Therefore, the smaller-diameter welded pipes are mostly straight seam welded, and the large-diameter welded pipes are mostly spiral welded.
(1) According to different welding methods, it can be divided into arc welded pipes, high frequency or low frequency resistance welded pipes, gas welded pipes, furnace welded pipes, and Bondi pipes.
(2) According to the shape of the weld seam, it can be divided into straight seam welded pipe and spiral welded pipe.
Spiral welded pipe is mainly used in domestic water engineering, petrochemical industry, chemical industry, electric power industry, agricultural irrigation, and urban construction.
(1) For liquid transportation: water supply and drainage.
(2) For gas transportation: coal gas, steam, liquefied petroleum gas.
(3) For structural use: used as pile pipe, bridge; pier, road, building structure pipe, etc.